The Romanian Orthodox Church “Holy Trinity” in Sofia, situated in the heart of the city, holds a significant historical presence. Erected between 1905 and 1912 under the craftsmanship of Vasil Gligov and the architectural design by Friedrich Grünanger, the church exuded magnificence. Officially consecrated in 1923, it served as a spiritual cornerstone for its community.
However, the church endured the ravages of time and conflict. During the bombings in March 1944, the dome and central vault succumbed to destruction, altering the original architectural grandeur. Despite this, the church stands resilient, echoing a poignant narrative of resilience amidst historical turbulence.