Home » Landmarks

TV tower

The Sofia TV Tower, also known as the "Kopitoto" TV tower, is the primary TV tower in Bulgaria. Standing at 106 meters tall, it is among the tallest structures in the country. Designed by architect Lyuben Popdonev, construction began in December 1958, and the tower...

The Rila narrow gauge railway

The museum exhibition located in the lobby of Central Station in Sofia was inaugurated in 2002 to commemorate the 135th anniversary of the establishment of railway communications in Bulgaria. The exhibit features a narrow-gauge train consisting of a Henschel-Cassel...

The reading room

The Reading Room is a modern city reading point and a popular spot in the City Garden. The glass pavilion, which had been abandoned for many years, was renovated and revitalized. It officially opened its doors on July 29, 2015, welcoming both citizens and tourists in...

The former building of the National Assembly

The building was constructed between 1884 and 1886 based on the design by architect Konstantin Jovanovich. He was a Bulgarian architect who had studied in Vienna and Switzerland, and he was also known for his design of the Serbian Assembly (1891-1892). The...

Telephone palace

The Telephone Palace in Sofia was constructed based on the design by Prof. Architect Stancho Belkovski and Architect Boris Yolov. The building's construction commenced in 1938-1939, starting from the eastern part, and it was ultimately completed in 1949. This landmark...

Simeonovo – Aleko cable car

"Simeonovo - H.Aleko" cable car was officially opened on April 4, 1983. This is the longest passenger ropeway in Bulgaria with a length of 6270m and a capacity for 1200 people per hour. The ropeway has 6-seater cabins, connecting the Simeonovo district of Sofia with...

Pylons of the NDK

The pillars of the National Palace of Culture, numbering three in total, are situated in close proximity to the entrance of the National Palace of Culture. These pillars, reaching several tens of meters in height, serve as prominent landmarks and are frequently...

People’s Community Center “Sredets-1926”

The People's Community Center "Sredets-1926" is located on "Tsar Boris III" Boulevard No. 17 in the capital. Established in 1926, it is one of the oldest community centers in Sofia. The center boasts a library, an auditorium with a stage, a smaller room for rehearsals...

National Library of St. St. Cyril and Methodius

The National Library of the Republic of Bulgaria is the largest library in the country and the oldest cultural institute in post-liberation Bulgaria. It was established in 1879 on the idea of the Sofia teacher Mihail Bobotinov. The construction of the building began...

Mausoleum of Prince Alexander Battenberg

Prince Alexander I, or Alexander Joseph von Battenberg (1857-1893), has a mausoleum that was opened in 1897 according to a project by Heinrich Mayer. However, the complex was closed during the period 1947-1991. Today, it is once again open for visits. The interior of...