Home » Landmarks » Religious » First Evangelical Church

First Evangelical Church

Religious

The origins of the First Evangelical Church in Sofia trace back to 1864 when George and Michael, along with their wives and Pope Todor’s two daughters, laid the foundation. This aligns with the initial evangelical work of missionaries Charles Morse and Dr. Henry Haskell, who arrived to spread the gospel in Sofia between 1862 and 1863.

The present building stands on a site purchased by church members in the late 1880s. Remarkably, the construction of the church was completed within just 11 months, culminating in its consecration on September 17, 1889.

Dedicated to faithfully conveying the message of salvation through faith in Jesus Christ, the First Evangelical Congregational Church emphasizes upholding Christian values in society, striving to uphold and promote these principles in the community.

Did we get something wrong?Contact us!