The initiative for its construction came from eleven active families from Mojave, who in 1883 decided to build a Christian church and a primary school. They collect money and bring material with their own hands. Construction began in 1885, and in the fall of 1886 the church was completed and consecrated with the name of “St. Nicholas of Mirlikiyski”. The temple was painted by the brothers Mihail and Hristo Blagoevi – master painters from the village of Tresonche in Macedonia.
The frescoes, decoration, wood carving and icon painting in the church are in the spirit of the revival tradition in Bulgaria. On May 22, 2003 The National Institute for Cultural Monuments declared the church “St. Nikolay Mirlikiyski” in the village of Negovan as an architectural and artistic cultural monument of national importance.
Every year on September 8 in the church “St. Nikolay Mirlikiyski” begins the council of His Holiness.