The Lion’s Bridge, an essential thoroughfare in Sofia’s central areas, carries significant historical weight. Its existence followed the construction of the Painted Bridge in 1889, occupying the same location. Spanning over the Vladaiska River, it links “Maria Luiza” Blvd. and “Slivnitsa” Blvd., forming a vital connection between the Central Railway Station, Central Bus Station, and the city center.
As a notable landmark, the bridge is more than a mere transportation route; it embodies the essence of the Serdika metropolitan area. The adjacent square, known as Lion’s Bridge, resonates with the same historical significance, forming a cohesive narrative within Sofia’s urban fabric. The Lion’s Bridge stands not only as a functional infrastructure but also as a symbolic representation of Sofia’s connectivity and historical evolution.